Setting goals may not sound like fun, but if you don’t take the time to create goals, how will you know if your campaign worked?
Creating Marketing Goals Allows You to:
- Focus: Great marketing campaigns are focused, delivering a single message. Avoid flooding your potential customers with too much information. Before you begin designing, determine what it is you want to say.
- Ask: What’s the purpose of this campaign? Which aspect of the business are you going to highlight? What results are you hoping to achieve? What does success look like for you?
- Target: You may be serving a niche group of clientele or a diverse group of customers, but either way, it’s important to understand who this campaign is targeting.
- Ask: Which customers are most likely to buy this service or product? What are their interests? Where are they spending their money? What marketing avenues will be most effective in reaching them? (Direct Mail, Email, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Linkedin)
- Design: Once you know who your target audience is, you can design your marketing for them and the marketing channels you’ll be using to reach them. Different people respond to different types of colors and fonts, so dig into the data and see what your target audience likes.
- Measure: When you create a beautiful campaign, you want it to be successful. Goals allow you to see if your campaign is working. After everything has gone out, look at the results.
- Ask: How well did your campaign do? Did you achieve your desired results? Was your campaign’s purpose fulfilled? Did you reach your intended audience? What could you have done differently? What worked?
Setting campaign goals will help you determine which marketing channels to use, make design decisions, and measure your success. This will save you time and money in the long run and allow you to see how your best customers are responding. So go ahead and carve out a few extra minutes to set some goals for your campaign.